Your Real Estate Professional Network in TN

With EXIT - Real Estate Success is Driven by Intention!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Flood of 2010

Mike Grumbles
Administrator

We want to hear about your experience with th eFlood of 2010.

Here is a You Tube link to a video from Franklin TN.

This is a record setting event so share your viewpoints here.

--

Mike Grumbles

Relocation Engineer

The Grumbles Team at EXIT REALTY OF THE SOUTH

1227 Lakeview Drive Ste 1

Franklin TN 37067

615-550-5555

May 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane Mohr

I feel very fortunate in that all I lost was a fence line and some agility training equpiment.  The waters came up to the deck steps off the patio, but didn't come into the house.  A friend was not so fortunate, as her home in Bellevue was completely submerged.  Will be hosting her until she can get back on her feet again.

May 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darren Wilmoth

Minor water damage at my house in Bellevue. However, Carol Plemons my business partner, her house is under water with major damage.

--

Thanks,

Darren Wilmoth

Broker/Owner

Exit Realty Diversified

615-463-8740

darren@exitdiversified.com

May 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toni Kihara

This is the biggest disaster that I can recall happening in Middle Tennessee.  I feel so fortunate that no damage was done to my home; however, so sad to see what people are faced with all around me.  We should all get together as a group to donate food/supplies, etc. to help those who are in need. 

On a different note, this also affects our business as I just found out from our title company that she is receiving calls from lenders that lenders cannot close pending deals without another inspection.

May 3, 2010 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jean Marie Grumbles

Darren Wilmoth at May 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Minor water damage at my house in Bellevue. However, Carol Plemons my business partner, her house is under water with major damage.

Darren,

Please tell Carol to let us know how we can help her. Mike and I have spent the day helping someone in the Cottonwood subdivision tear out drywayll, floors, move items out of the house, etc. It is a mess. They had about 3 feet in the main level and the garage was submerged with a VERY nice Mercedes in it...totally submerged. Let us know how we can help her.

--

Jean Marie Grumbles

May 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert Yancey

Pretty common scene about any where one looked Saturday and Sunday. In some places the water is gone but left in it's place; ugliness. I have seen pot holes, sink holes, deer lying drowned in fields, buzzards sitting along the road way, unafraid of traffic.

On the lighter side of things, I wonder where the ducks were; don't they like water, well they sure missed a great time to play in some really  big water, instead they were sitting around the neighbors back porch, shivering, honking out of tune, and couldn't be moved for anything........How do you like your duck cooked!

Hope everyone is safe.

--

http://www.exitmidsouth.com/apps/profile/profilePage?id=52570627

May 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Grumbles
Administrator

Fellow EXIT REALTORS - take some time to help a neighbor in need this week.  Even if it is to let them know who to contact for information on how to clean their home after flood waters have receded or to let them know what is the best course of action if their housein on the market for sale, has a pending contract, or if you have clients looking to buy right now.  We know that EXIT agents are thoughtful and caring community citizens.  We appreciate all of you.  If you know of an agent that needs assistance please contact us at the regional office to let us know how we can help.

--

Mike Grumbles

Relocation Engineer

The Grumbles Team at EXIT REALTY OF THE SOUTH

1227 Lakeview Drive Ste 1

Franklin TN 37067

615-550-5555

May 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darren Wilmoth

Jean Marie Grumbles at May 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Darren,

Please tell Carol to let us know how we can help her. Mike and I have spent the day helping someone in the Cottonwood subdivision tear out drywayll, floors, move items out of the house, etc. It is a mess. They had about 3 feet in the main level and the garage was submerged with a VERY nice Mercedes in it...totally submerged. Let us know how we can help her.

HI Jean Marie,

Thank you -- I will let her know.

--

Thanks,

Darren Wilmoth

Broker/Owner

Exit Realty Diversified

615-463-8740

May 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tawny King

Darren Wilmoth at May 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Darren,

HI Jean Marie,

Darren-

Please let me know how we can help Carol and Harold!  I knew thier home had to be bad since we have friends that are thier neighbors and their home is very bad as well!!  We want to help so please let us know what we can do!

Thanks,

Tawny

May 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darren Wilmoth

Tawny King at May 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Darren Wilmoth at May 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Darren,

HI Jean Marie,

Darren-

Please let me know how we can help Carol and Harold!  I knew thier home had to be bad since we have friends that are thier neighbors and their home is very bad as well!!  We want to help so please let us know what we can do!

Thanks,

Tawny

Hi Tawny,

I will let them know. I am sure they will appreciate it.

Hope you guys are ok.

--

Thanks,

Darren Wilmoth

Broker/Owner

Exit Realty Diversified

615-463-8740

May 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Sep 3 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Tuesday, Sep 9 at 12:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday, Sep 10 at 12:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday, Sep 10 at 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Subscribe To Our Site

Testimonials

• "Hey Everyone, Im Derrick Miller, Broker of EXIT Realty Garden Gate Team in Portland Tn. We are a newer office in Tn. I bought our Independent office in late December of 2011 and..."
    Derrick Miller
    Broker/Owner
  • "Jean Marie Grumbles, The Regional Owner of EXIT MidSouth in Tennessee and Kentucky, has invited me many times to offer specialized Internet Marketing Trainings in her region and..."
    Jean Marie is Awesome...
  • "Just spent a week with Bob Lamb and Jeramie Taber at Exit Realty Head quarters; These Guys are the top of the scale in the REAL ESTATE BROKERS. We are so proud to have them in ..."
    George Styron
    Very Proud of Exit Bob Lamb

Reflect

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Page Rank